Thursday 3 May 2018

Thursday 3rd may

Some sightings in from today.. Richard Fletcher from Warwick had seen an Osprey at Finlaggan, later on Loch Indaal off Bowmore he had seen 50 R Bb Merganser and also 2 GND there as well. Yesterday he had been out for some birding with Gary. Richard said in his e mail that he had met us at the Bird fair last year. Last week, when down at Leighton moss, I spoke to an artist whom I met at Rutland last year as well... I often wonder how many contacts we have made over the few years of attending the Bird fair!!!
Today, Jim Dickson had seen over 100 species in the one day, 112 to be exact, and it could haver been more as he had not seen a Dipper, Grey Wagtail, Tree Pipit, Whitethroat, Peregrine or a White tailed Eagle. A great day Jim all the same, not bad going for only one set of eyes. More on Jim's birds tomorrow, as I myself am feeling rather tired.

No comments: