Saturday 12 September 2015

Saturday 12th September

Well, the weather forecast proved right, with the float on the rain gauge now off the bottom of the tube.... the wind is up tonight with the evening ferry diverting in to Port Askaig, just the start of the winter, I can hear everyone saying, and also the days are getting shorter too... This morning as we were going into Bowmore, one of the Barley fields just before the Gaelic Centre and after Gartmain was very badly damaged by the Greylags. So much so that I would think that the it could be written off to being cut by the combine. It was certainly an eye opener to me, often before I had seen partial damage to the odd corner of a field, but this field, be it a small field, could be a total write off. For once I have seen the damage that the geese can cause... Not much else on the bird front, but we did have a cracking male Hen Harrier fly over the road in front of us and then quarter over the moor towards Loch Gorm.

No comments: