Friday 13 July 2012

Friday 13th July

Today has been almost as good as it gets, wall to wall sunshine, last night on the weather forecast they were saying that so far this month that Edinburgh has had a mere 11 minutes of sun per day, Tiree was top of the list at 4.5 hours per day, I do not think that we can be far behind! Earlier in the week, Mary had seen a male Hen Harrier and further on a Kestrel between Kilchiaran and Tormisdale. Yesterday, Mary had the solitary Barnacle Goose down at Gortan and south of Port Charlotte a Barn Owl. Along at Sunderland Farm,  George had a Barn Owl too, this was mid afternoon. This morning I had a male Hen Harrier less than 20 feet away as it flew across the track on the Rhinns which I was on, but I was initially unsighted as it was hidden from view by bushes, no camera with me, so no image so you will just have to believe me! Later on, on my way home the single Barnacle Goose was still on the rocks on the shoreline at Gortan.

No comments: