Thursday 28 January 2010

Thurs 28th Jan

Yesterday, a visitor to our house commented on how nice it was to see some cock pheasants out on the grass. I do not know what he would have said today, as at one point when I did a head count, there were 14 hen pheasants along with 6 males! The most I had seen so far this winter was only 6, will they still be here, come the weekend in time for the "big garden birdwatch"? Probably, some of the pheasants were reared birds, but it was still nice to see that they have made through to now. The other day I saw my first Red legged Partridge for quite a while up at the top of the drive, but probably not a released bird.
This morning as we were going down the road, we had a great sighting of a male Hen Harrier out hunting, not more than 30 metres from us, at one point as we drove along!
James had seen the Lesser Canada Goose, hutchinsii again on the flats at Gruinart.

No comments: