Tuesday 21 July 2009

Tues 21st July

James has returned from his holidays spent down on the Scilly Isles, I am not sure how much birding he did there, perhaps I might find out later this week when I catch up with him! Having said that he has given me some sightings.....
At Kennacraig, from the ferry on Sunday, he saw an Osprey catch a fish and fly directly over the ferry itself. Coming up the Sound of Islay to Port Askaig there were a few Red throated Divers seen. Back home, on the reserve at Gruinart on Monday, James had 2 Hen Harriers, a Short eared Owl and also 4 Greenshank. Today, on his way down to work, he had an adult Cuckoo, possibly a bird passing through as they normally move on once all the eggs are laid, certainly I have not heard any for a wee while. This evening, he had a Whitetroat on a bush outside his window at home as we spoke!

No comments: