Wednesday 31 December 2008

Wed 31st Dec

Sorry, not much birding done today, no sign of the Woodpecker, but the Trecreeper was seen along with over 60 finches in and around the feeders at midday. They were mainly Chaffinch, Greenfinch and Goldfinch. The Coal Tits are still visiting the bird table regularly. I cannot recall seeing a Blackcap so far this Autumn, other years there has usually been a single bird for a few days. Come to think of it, no sign of any Siskins either.
On that point, I am going to sign off for 2008, and I wish you all a good New Year when it comes. I would also like to thank all the folk out there who have sent me in their sightings throughout the year, be it residents here on Islay, or from visitors over here on holiday. Thanks must also be given to James How at RSPB Loch Gruinart who does the blog whilst I am off Islay, and also to Michal for his images which have been included through the year.

No comments: