Saturday 13 December 2008

Sat 13th Dec

A much better day here, compared to yesterday and no rain thankfully, though the sea was roaring away good style. May be I should not count my chickens before they are hatched, as there were a few Fulmars soaring along the front of the crag this morning. Other times when this has happened, usually it turns out a sign of some stormy weather coming in a few days time.
I saw another Great spotted Woodpecker at lunchtime today, whether it was the same bird as back on Monday 24th November or a different bird I am not sure. The last couple of days I have seen a few "larger" Robins whilst out and about, possibly Scandinavian birds was James's thoughts
James had been over on Jura the other day, and seen an Otter, 3 Hen Harriers, 4 Kestrel, 2 Great Northern Diver and a Woodcock. Also the other day, while checking his sheep he had a large female Sparrowhawk.

No comments: