Wednesday 19 November 2008

Wed 19th Nov

Well, that's it for another year, the holidays that is or rather that was. So Margaret and myself have just been sunning it up on The Seychelles, not bad going as it was our third attempt at going. The first time, I chickened out as I thought it might be too hot, then last year, it was me again, health problems, but this time, no stopping us. Apart from getting the cameras stolen, early on, and hence the reason for not many images, it was hot, right enough, not just the air temperature which was up to 34 degrees when we visited Aride, even the water was warm, just great for swimming in, but there again the blighter nicked my dookers too and I am not into skinny dipping so had to get a new pair! Right then, what birds did we see, well on Aride we had Magpie Robin, 6 at one point, and there are only 170 left. We also had the Seychelles Warbler there too, and on La Digue we were fortunate to see a pair of Seychelles Paradise Flycatcher. We had some other great sightings too but more of that tomorrow.
Many thanks to James for his entries while we were away.

No comments: